RSS
Write some words about you and your blog here

Monday 28 September 2009

First Script for "I wish you weren't a genie"

INT. MEDIA HALLWAY DAY

LUKE is walking through the corridor and stops at a classroom, staring admiringly at OLIVIA in the room who is acting

[Sits down and plays on his psp]

OLIVIA comes out and he stands up to speak to her, she ignores him and walks away.
She drops a lamp and LUKE picks it up. He stares at the lamp for a minute and looks up to see she’s gone.

LUKE
Argh! I wish I wasn’t such a loser!
[hangs his head]

GENIE
Is that an official wish?

LUKE
What... Who are you –?

GENIE
Oh! Hi I’m Genie, and that’s (points at lamp) my lamp
[Goes to shake his hand]

LUKE
[confused]
Right... if you say so

GENIE
No really, I’m your Genie now Luke

LUKE
[A bit weary]
How do you know my name?

GENIE
I told you! I’m a genie

LUKE
Yeah okay whatever
[turns to walk away]

GENIE
So why do you think you’re such a loser?

LUKE
What? How did you –

GENIE smiles

LUKE
[Shakes his head/rolls his eyes and walks out]

The GENIE runs out after him

GENIE
Wait! Wait! I can prove it, name something you want right now...

LUKE
Look, i don’t –

GENIE
Just do it!

LUKE
Okay then... i want... a chocolate bar

The GENIE makes a chocolate bar appear

LUKE
[Fascinated]
Wow...



EXT. IN SCHOOL. DAY

LUKE and GENIE are walking around together talking

LUKE
So after you grant someone a wish, you have to leave them?

GENIE
Yeahh, it’s quite emotional sometimes. Enough about me though, what are you going to wish for?

LUKE
Well... There’s this girl...
[Smiling and thinking to himself]
She’s really cool, and so beautiful. But I don’t think she even knows i exist.
She’s so kind and gentle, and has the most stunning smile! I’d love to just walk up to her one day and tell her that I –

[LUKE bumps into OLIVIA and knocks her books on the floor]

OLIVIA
Well pick them up then!

LUKE picks up the books and hands them back to her smiling but she takes them and walks off]

GENIE
Who was that!?
[Gives girl dirty look]

LUKE
Olivia!

GENIE looks shocked and slightly confused

GENIE
That’s the girl you like? Well she looked right through you so maybe we should make you noticeable to her first! I know just the thing...



INT. IN A ROOM. DAY

GENIE gives LUKE a mini makeover, removing his glasses, cutting his hair etc.
They also laugh and joke together, playing psp,

LUKE comes out with his new look

GENIE
Wow! You look... great
[Something in her facial expression suggests that she likes LUKE]

LUKE
Really, do you think she’ll like it? I mean... like me?

GENIE
She’d be mad not to
[Her tone goes quite poignant]




EXT. IN PLAYGROUND. DAY

LUKE walks towards OLIVIA, and looks back at the Genie and she gives him a thumbs up but once he looks away her facial expression saddens

LUKE
[Clears his throat]
Olivia...

OLIVIA
Yeah...

LUKE
I erm... wanted to say –

OLIVIA
[Looks at psp]
What’s that?

LUKE
Oh its my psp, you wanna play?
[He smiles]

OLIVIA
Erm, No! That’s so nerdy!

LUKE reacts to this and suddenly looks towards the genie who is sitting alone on a bench.

LUKE
You know what... I gotta ...
[He walks away from OLIVIA and goes over to the Genie]

LUKE
Genie! I’m ready to make my wish!

GENIE
[Looks sad and is hesitant to grant the wish]
Oh. Are you sure... You don’t wanna wait and s –

LUKE
No no... i know exactly what to wish for

GENIE
Okay... go for it
[Looks down and gets ready to grant the wish]

LUKE
I wish you weren’t a genie!

GENIE
Wha...
[She looks up at him and smiles – they both realise they like each other]



INT. CLASSROOM. DAY

LUKE is sitting at his desk waiting for lesson to start. There is a shot of a girl’s feet as she walks into the room, the camera tilts up to reveal GENIE. She takes her seat next to LUKE.

1 comment:

  1. here are my comments on your script

    i only really have one which i think you need to look at and then i will look at the script again.basically your script comtains too much dialogue to tell the story. go back to what we learnt last year about how to use dialogue. use actions and visuals to tell the story and show character.this is what cinematorgraphy is for. so look at this again. ask a few others in the class. watch a few more films to get ideas. have you seen an old american sitcom called bewitched? still shown on tv sometimes and probably also on yutube. do some research yourselves and find out. then re-script and we will go from there. good luck.

    ReplyDelete